This video shows the whopping great difference between the photographic efforts of two different agents marketing the same property.
One is a valued client of ours who take pride in their photography, the other has made no effort – and it shows. Before we dive in, I want to make it clear that it’s not my intention to hammer Belvoir for their poor property photography here, maybe this was just a one off bad set, or that particular employee simply didn’t know the formula for taking nice shots, hey, they’re not alone!
Anyway, the cold hard facts are that they were unable to let the property and lost the instruction to a rival agent – Buttercross Estates – who have done a fantastic job shooting the property. The difference is simply astounding.
Watch the video [5m 54s]
Buttercross Estates let the property in 7 days
The new listing with nice photos went live on 19 March, an application was received and accepted on 25 March – 7 days. Would you be happy with that? The landlord certainly was!
To put that in perspective, the original listing with Belvoir was live from 4 Feb for 44 days.
What are the 5 key takeaways?
- Bad photos will lose you enquiries.
- And you can lose an instruction to a rival agent!
- It’s possible to remove objects from photos using Photoshop.
- Image enhancement can boost the visual appeal of the shots you take.
- Great photos can help get properties let (and sold) in super quick time.
Is poor property photography a problem for you?
If yes, then the first thing to ask yourself is “whose images do mine look more like?”. If yours are on the dull side and not getting you the enquiries you want then consider brushing up on your photography skills. The first impression is so important, don’t mess it up!
If you need some help to take better shots, we have just the thing for you! It’s a FREE guide that teaches you everything you need to know about taking beautiful property photos that will help you stand out online and get more enquiries, download your copy here >
Do you want us to boost your images for you?
From inserting blue sky to removing rival boards and everything in between, our digital artists use Photoshop and Lightroom to enhance the visual appeal of the shots you take. They’re transformed into a killer set of images that will help you sell or let in double quick time.LEARN MORE ABOUT IMAGE ENHANCEMENT
Latest posts by Alex Stretton (see all)
- What do the numbers on a camera lens mean? - May 12, 2020
- Mirrorless cameras: The future for property and real estate photography? - May 7, 2020
- Teach your vendors how to photograph their own home during COVID-19 lockdown - April 17, 2020